Dissertation Ideas On Music Production: 23 Questions To Consider
If you have been pondering hard over the title or questions that you needs to need to ask in your next academic paper on music, you have hit the right space. There are several ideas that you need to consider and you should not stop at the start.
For one thing, you should adopt a subjective approach when looking for topics for titles of the paper. Here are some ideas on which you may base the dissertation on music.
23 good music production dissertation topics
- West and East: what distinguishes the music of the two spheres of the earth?
- Has Indic music been a major influence on the musical advent of the Far East?
- What are some highs and lows of Western music according to you?
- Have you ever tried composing a piece of music in the western format? Explain the nuances
- Why do we find an increasing Indian influence on most western tracks of modern singers?
- Is singing a part of music or is it beyond music in general?
- What do some successful rappers symbolize about the globalization of music?
- How would you reflect on sportsmen beckoning an organic part of the mainstream music industry?
- Is their rational obligation for mainstream composers to compose music for the masses and ignore the classes?
- Why has classical use of instruments seen a surge in the last decade or two?
- Can instrumental music really heal people out of depression? Answer with examples
- What role does religion play in modern music production?
- What are some common difficulties that music producers face with African Music?
- Has the fine-tuning of African Music robbed it off the very essence?
- Can Indian music production companies be a reason for the globalization of Eastern music?
- Is there a shift from slow to fast music production companies?
- Who would you blame for the gradual downfall of rustic music production companies?
- Can you account for some occasions when music production has toppled big budget movies?
- What are the basic differences in music production system of Hollywood and Bollywood?
- How popular is Bollywood music in the West and Far East?
- Is Hollywood going overboard with actors turned music producers?
- Why is there a location shift in the music videos from cosmos to trenches?
- Are we becoming slaves of fast-paced music? Support your answer with examples
10 Great Music Industry Dissertation Ideas To Consider
Picking a certain genre of music to write about
To help you think of good ideas when it comes to writing a music industry-based dissertation, it can be a good idea to think of a genre to specialise in. Whether you wish to talk about the production side of the music industry, or the performance side, different genres represent different challenges and requirements; therefore, picking a certain genres can help to inspire unique ideas.
You may wish to write about the challenges of recording music from a certain genre, or the way in which new genres adopt technology in ways in which previous traditional genres haven’t.
Writing your paper on a specific area of the music industry
Just as it can be beneficial to pick a genre, you may also wish to take specific area of the music industry to focus on. For example, you can look at a particular job role within the music industry, such as producer. You can then go into great detail about what is required from this role, as well as the history of this area of the profession, and many other factors.
Basing your paper on personal experience
To make it easier to write the work, it can be good idea to base the topic on an area of the music industry that you have personal experience of. The more that you are familiar with the subject, the easier it will be to write about.
Alternatively, you may wish to try and get a volunteer role in the music industry in order to help with the writing process, once you’ve learnt more about what is required of individuals in the industry.
Music industry topic ideas covering a wide range of themes
- The effects of piracy on the music industry
- The pros and cons of legal music sharing sites for up and coming artists
- How to get signed with a major record label
- The role of a music producer
- The influence of music talent shows on the music industry
- A study of how important talent is to be successful in the music industry
- The declining need to be able to play a musical instrument to have success in the music industry
- Breaking into the US market as a foreign artist
- The lack of foreign language music in English-speaking countries
- A study into copyright law in the music industry